Thursday 18 March 2010

Stuffed Pork Chops

I stuff meats all the darn time.  Usually, though, there is cheese involved.  And occasionally, another meat.  This time,  I decided to stuff pork chops with some…well…stuffing.

This may not look terribly fancy, but it’s not really meant to be.  I know I have been using these words a lot lately, but this is downright homey and comforting.  I guess I just must really be craving that kind of food lately!

This is a pretty traditional stuffing that I added pistachios to (I love pistachios, and think they pair well with the leeks and mushrooms. Oh, and I have a lot sitting in my cabinet.)  The stuffing mixture is easy enough to put together, and since the pork chops are butterflied, they cook up rather quickly, making this an easy weeknight meal.  I made a quick pan sauce/gravy at the end with a small amount of roux and some chicken stock.  It was perfect to spoon over the chops and mashed potatoes.

Serves 2


View the Original article

No comments: